This tune-up and maintenance program ensures a long, low-cost, high-performance life for your air conditioning system.
This tune-up and maintenance program ensures a long, low-cost, high-performance life for your air conditioning system.
Increase the life of your air conditioning system and lower monthly electric bills with A/C RunSmart.
Call now 1-855-898-0023
M-F, 8 am - 5 pm EST
A/C RunSmart covers up to 3 air conditioning systems*
|One A/C system||$9.99||per month|
|Two A/C systems||$14.99||per month|
|Three A/C systems||$19.99||per month|
With A/C RunSmart, you receive the protection you need to ensure your A/C system is properly maintained and running at peak performance throughout the year. Best of all, our low monthly price is conveniently added to your FPL bill. It's easy to sign up, and you may cancel at anytime.
Preventive maintenance on your system.
Customers who sign up for A/C RunSmart receive the benefit of an annual Preventive Maintenance tune-up, plus discounts for repairs and no trip charges. After enrolling in the program, you can start taking advantage of all the benefits right away.
It's easy; just call the 24/7 customer service number to schedule a convenient time for a licensed and insured A/C RunSmart technician to perform your preventive maintenance service, or if you need any repair service.
* An A/C System includes both air conditioning components in the home. The majority of homes have a unit that’s inside, known as the air handler, and a unit that’s outside, known as the condenser, so both of these components make up the A/C System.
FPL Energy Services (FPLES) is a subsidiary of NextEra Energy, Inc. and an unregulated subsidiary of Florida Power & Light Company (FPL). This program is offered and administered by Cross Country Home Services, Inc. together with HomeSure of America, Inc. Neither FPLES nor FPL is responsible for this program.
From $9.99 a month plus tax, conveniently added to your FPL bill.
No hidden fees. Easy claim process. Cancel anytime.
M-F, 8 am - 5 pm EST
From energy efficiency to advanced allergen care, we have over 1,700 filter sizes to meet your family's needs.
Welcome, we would like to take this opportunity to thank you for visiting the NextEra Energy, Inc. (“NextEra Energy”) family of websites (the “NextEra Energy Sites”).
The trademarks, service marks, trade names, logos and other indications of origin displayed within the NextEra Energy Sites are owned by NextEra Energy or a third party who has granted NextEra Energy a right to use them.
NextEra Energy uses industry standard encryption technologies when transferring and receiving consumer data exchanged with the NextEra Energy Sites. NextEra Energy service request forms use Secure Sockets Layer encryption technology during data transmission in an effort to protect your communication and maintain your privacy.
NextEra Energy does not knowingly reveal any personal information that is provided by our customers through the NextEra Energy Sites to any third parties, including between direct and indirect wholly-owned subsidiaries of the NextEra Energy, except when requested to do so by a governmental agency having jurisdiction, or by a court of competent jurisdiction or other operation of law. We endeavor to keep all information provided by customers using our online forms strictly confidential and secure in an effort to prevent unauthorized use of personal information.
By using the NextEra Energy Sites you agree to provide and maintain on our records, current and accurate personal information as indicated to you during our registration processes. If you provide any information which is inaccurate or outdated, or if we have reasonable grounds to question the truthfulness the information provided, we reserve the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of any NextEra Energy Site (or any portion thereof).
You also agree to promptly notify us at www.fpl.com/contact of any unauthorized use of your username, password, other account information, or any other breach of security that you become aware of involving or relating to any NextEra Energy Site. In addition, you agree to exit from your account at the end of each session.
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY AND ALL LOSSES AND DAMAGES RESULTING FROM YOUR FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH THIS SECTION, AND THAT WE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL LIABILITY FOR SUCH LOSSES OR DAMAGES.
All information, content and materials contained on the NextEra Energy Sites are the property of NextEra Energy or its licensors and is protected under U.S. and international copyright law. None of the information, content or material from any NextEra Energy Site or any internet site owned, operated, licensed, or controlled by us may be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted or distributed in any way without our express written permission. The use of any information, content or materials on a NextEra Energy Site on any other web site or computer environment without our express written permission (which may be withheld for any reason) is strictly prohibited.
The NextEra Energy Sites are for your personal use only. You may not use the NextEra Energy Sites for commercial purposes or in any way that is unlawful, or harms us or any other person or entity, as determined in our sole discretion.
The following is a list of rules you MUST follow in order to use NextEra Energy Sites. By using any of the NextEra Energy Sites, you represent the following:
To the extent that any feature on a NextEra Energy Site requires you to submit your e-mail address in order to send an e-mail or message, you must, and you hereby agree to, furnish your actual e-mail address, as applicable.
Any business use, “re-mailing,” or other high-volume application is strictly prohibited. You are not permitted to send e-mails or messages using an automated program. E-mails and mobile messages may not contain inappropriate language or images or copyrighted material (without the consent of the copyright holder) or encourage illegal activity. We reserve the right not to deliver e-mails messages that violate these guidelines.
Please note by providing us with your telephone number, you consent to receiving autodialed and prerecorded calls from FPL for matters specifically related to your account.
WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO MODIFY OR CHANGE THE NEXTERA ENERGY SITES INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY OF THE CONTENT, INFORMATION OR MATERIALS APPEARING ON OR AVAILABLE THROUGH THE NEXTERA ENERGY SITES FOR ANY REASON WHATSOEVER AND WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE TO YOU.
While we welcome comments and suggestions from our customers, unfortunately it is NextEra Energy policy not to accept or consider unsolicited suggestions, ideas, or materials. The purpose of this policy is to avoid the possibility of misunderstandings when projects developed by NextEra Energy may seem to others to be a product of their own creative work. We emphasize, please do not send us any unsolicited materials including but not limited to the following: pitches, ideas, concepts, suggestions, photographs, drawings, videos, audiovisual works, and/or other similar materials (“Unsolicited Materials”).
You agree that any Unsolicited Materials you submit are not being provided in confidence or trust and that no confidential or fiduciary relationship is intended or created between you and NextEra Energy in any way. To the extent any “moral rights,” “ancillary rights,” or similar rights in or to the Unsolicited Materials exist and are not exclusively owned by NextEra Energy, you agree not to enforce any such rights against the NextEra Energy or our licensees, distributors, agents, representatives and other authorized users.
We make no representations concerning the content of sites listed in any of our directories. Consequently, we cannot be held responsible for the accuracy, relevancy, copyright compliance, legality, or decency of material contained in sites listed in our search results or otherwise linked to a NextEra Energy Site.
The statements contained in this web site, which are not historical facts, may be deemed to contain forward-looking statements, including, but not limited to, deployment, scalability and integration of NextEra Energy in new and existing markets and the timing and breadth of coverage in each market. Actual results may differ materially from those anticipated in any forward-looking statements as a result of certain risks and uncertainties, including, without limitation, dependence on strategic third parties to market and resell its services, intense competition for service offerings, dependence on growth in demand for electrical services, availability of electrical services space, ability to manage and scale operations, and other risks and uncertainties detailed in the Company's Securities and Exchange Commission filings. NextEra Energy disclaims any obligation to update information contained in any forward-looking statement.
Attn: Customer Care
700 Universe Blvd.
Juno Beach, Florida 33408
We have adopted and implemented a policy that provides for the termination, in appropriate circumstances, of users who are repeat infringers of copyright.
This Maintenance Service Agreement Plan, hereinafter referred to as the “Agreement”, is issued by the entity listed for your state on the Coverage Summary. Such entity is hereinafter referred to as the “Issuing Entity”, or “we”, “us”, and/or “our”. The Participant covered by this Agreement is hereinafter referred to as “you” and/or “your”. This is a Maintenance Service Agreement, not an insurance policy.
This Agreement is intended to provide one (1) in-home maintenance service visit for each of the Central Air Conditioning Systems covered by your plan (see Coverage Summary), hereinafter referred to as a “Maintenance Service Call”, per the Agreement term. The Coverage Summary is attached to and made a part of this Agreement. Coverage is subject to the limitations and conditions specified in this Agreement.
1. Under the terms of this Agreement you may receive one (1) Maintenance Service Call which will service each covered Central Air Conditioning System in your plan as indicated in your Coverage Summary. You may schedule only one Maintenance Service Call per Agreement term. No refund will be given if you fail to schedule a Maintenance Service Call during the Agreement term.
2. When you call with a Maintenance Service Call request, we will use commercially reasonable efforts to assign a Service Provider to you within two (2) hours after the service request is received. In the event conditions such as, but not limited to inclement weather, prevents one of our Service Providers from servicing your Central Air Conditioning System(s) during your Agreement term, you will be entitled to “make up” your Maintenance Service Call.
You are solely responsible to call us to schedule your “make-up” Maintenance Service Call within 30 days after the Agreement has expired.
3. This Agreement covers only the labor costs (except where indicated otherwise within this Agreement) resulting from performing a specific set of Maintenance Service Tasks on the Central Air Conditioning System(s) in your home as listed on your Coverage Summary. Maintenance Service Tasks are defined as the services performed under the Definition of Coverage: Maintenance Services as set forth in this Agreement.
4. We have the sole authority to select Service Providers. The Maintenance Service Call performed under this Agreement must be performed by the Service Provider that we refer to you. We are not responsible for any expenses you incur without our express consent or any costs associated with unauthorized work performed by any Service Provider and/or others whether or not selected by us.
5. We are not responsible for any costs for services you may elect outside of the Maintenance Services covered by this Agreement as set forth under ‘Maintenance Services’.
6. The Maintenance Service Tasks authorized to be performed during the Maintenance Service Call are specific preventative maintenance tasks intended to help prevent your Central Air Conditioning System from failing and to keep it running properly. However, preventative maintenance cannot guarantee this outcome since systems are by their very nature subject to failure and to poor performance without warning despite efforts to the contrary. Therefore we make no warranty that a specific Maintenance Service Call will prevent system failure or will ensure efficient operation. We shall not be liable to you for damages, losses or any other claim resulting from such system failures.
7. We reserve the right to alter, amend, exchange, add or eliminate, at any time and at our sole discretion the specific set of Maintenance Service Tasks performed during a Maintenance Service Call.
1. Central Air Conditioning System:
We cover services to each Air Conditioning System covered by your selected plan.
1. LIMITS OF LIABILITY. This Agreement does not cover, and we shall not be liable for, any costs associated with the repair or replacement of systems or their components that have failed, that are damaged but have not yet failed, or that may fail based upon the professional opinion of the Service Provider we refer to you, or any other independent service contractor. Accordingly, we are not responsible for loss or damage arising from, or connected to, the provision by a Service Provider of any services that are beyond the scope of the Maintenance Service Tasks listed in Article II: Definition of Coverage: Maintenance Services.
2. Term. This Agreement commences on the effective date specified on the Coverage Summary. This Agreement expires 360 days
from the Agreement effective date, unless renewed.
3. Renewal. This Agreement will automatically renew at the option of the Issuing Entity and for successive like terms, unless cancelled by you or us in accordance with the cancellation provisions. You will be notified of any rate and/or coverage changes not less than thirty (30) days prior to the expiration of the initial term or any subsequent renewal term.
4. TERMINATION AND VOIDABILITY. We may terminate this Agreement immediately for fraud or material misrepresentation. If we terminate for fraud or material misrepresentation, this Agreement is void and we shall refund any funds collected if we have not performed a Maintenance Service Call. If a Maintenance Service Call has been performed, we will follow normal cancellation procedures as outlined in the following Cancellation section.
You may cancel this Agreement, at anytime, by providing notice to the Issuing Entity pursuant to Section 12. The effective date of cancellation shall be the date processed by us, provided that we will not process your cancellation more than five (5) business days after we receive your notice of the cancellation. You will not receive any additional monthly charges for Maintenance Services after we process your notice of cancellation. If you have already received an annual Maintenance Services Call for the applicable Term and the total amount of Plan Fees paid by you during that Term, upon cancellation, are less than $50, then cancellation of this Agreement is subject to a cancellation fee equal to $50 less the total amount of Plan Fees paid by you. We will bill or charge you, for any amount owed to us, through any collection mechanism available to us and of our choosing. In addition to the termination rights of Section III(4) above, we may cancel this Agreement (i) after sixty (60) days of nonpayment of any Plan Fees, or (ii) at our sole discretion upon sixty (60) days written notice to You. You will not receive any additional monthly charges for Maintenance Services after the effective date of any cancellation.
6. Transferability. In the event of assignment or transfer of title of the covered property, this Agreement may be assigned and/or transferred at our option, when the applicable fee has been paid.
7. Assignment. We may assign our rights or delegate our duties or obligations under this Agreement.
8. Waiver. Should we waive any of our contractual rights; such waiver will not constitute a future waiver of said rights.
9. Entire Agreement. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between you and us with respect to the subject matter hereof and supersedes all prior agreements and understandings, if any, between you and us relating to the subject matter of this Agreement.
10. Disclosure. The price of the Agreement includes the full amount of all fees due and payable as well as the costs of processing and administration for the Issuing Entity and its agents. Any applicable state or local sales taxes are in addition to the price of the Agreement.
11. Issuing Entity. The A /C RunSmart Home Maintenance Service Plan is issued by HomeSure of America, Inc.; Services are provided by Service Providers, but Issuing Company is ultimately responsible for fulfilling all of the obligations set forth in this Agreement, specifically including the Maintenance Service Tasks listed in Article II: Definition of Coverage: Maintenance Services.
12. Corporate/Administrative Office. Our administrative office can be reached at P.O. Box 550247, Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33355. The Issuing Entity’s telephone number is 877-529-2588.
13. Governing Law. This Agreement shall be governed in all respects by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Florida without regard to conflicts of law principles. Any action under law, suit in equity or other proceeding against any party with respect to any term or provision of this Agreement or in connection with any of the services contemplated by this Agreement shall be brought and maintained in the federal or state courts of Florida.
14. Disclaimer. Although the Plan Fees will be charged to you on your electricity utility bill from Florida Power & Light Company (“FPL”), these services are not provided by FPL. The A /C RunSmart Program (“Program”) services are offered and administered by Cross Country Home Services, Inc. (“CCHS”) together with HomeSure of America, Inc. (“HomeSure”), with services provided by independent contractors of CCHS. CCHS and HomeSure are solely responsible for (i) administering and providing the Program services, (ii) supervising and managing its independent contractors, and (iii) all issues, claims, and disputes relating to the Program services. Neither FPL, its parent company, nor any of their affiliates or subsidiaries (collectively “FPL Entities”) are responsible for any claims or disputes relating to the Program services nor do they provide any type of guarantee or warranty, express or implied, as to these Program services. By signing up for the Program I agree: to release FPL Entities from and against any losses, damages or liabilities of any kind resulting or arising from my participation in this Program; and to authorize the monthly fee for the Program I selected to be placed on my FPL bill. I acknowledge that participation is voluntary, I can cancel at any time and this fee will be discontinued.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for visiting the NextEra Energy, Inc. (“NextEra Energy”) family of websites (the “NextEra Energy Sites”).
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards in an effort to protect against unauthorized disclosure, use, alteration or destruction of any personal information you provide on this website. We use secure socket layer technology to help keep the personal information you provide on this site secure.
Even though we maintain a secure website, we strongly encourage you to keep your user ID and password confidential. If for any reason whatsoever you feel your user ID and password have become compromised, please contact us immediately.
Please note that certain personal information must be supplied in order to establish a service account. We use this information to provide service to you and to invoice you for services provided. You may also be required to provide certain information when signing up for an account on our website.
We also collect certain other information when you visit any one of the NextEra Energy Sites. This other information tells us such things as how many users visit our site and which pages they have chosen to access. This information also assists us with maintaining and designing a user friendly website for you to enjoy. We collect this information through “cookie” technology as explained below. This other information includes:
This data will be used for the following purposes:
To assist customers with technical problems, we may also collect local Web configuration information, including:
In addition, our web servers automatically collect limited information about your computer when you visit our website. This information may include the type of browser software you use, the operating system you’re running, the IP address assigned to your computer or Internet connection, and the IP address of the website, if any, that referred you to our website. Our technical staff may also use this information to assist customers with technical problems.
We use browser cookies to enhance your online experience and make your use of the NextEra Energy Sites more efficient. Browser cookies are bits of text that are placed on your computer’s hard drive when you visit certain websites. We utilize browser cookies to tell us, for example, whether you’ve visited any of our sites before, or if you’re a new visitor.
Browser cookies may enhance your online experience by saving your preferences while you are visiting a particular site. If you wish to stop receiving browser cookies from us, please visit the “help” portion of the tool bar to learn how to stop the installation of cookies. The tool bar can help direct you on how to be notified when you receive a new browser cookie, and how to disable existing browser cookies. Remember though, without browser cookies, you may not be able to take full advantage of all our website features.
We may also use various other types of cookies on our website to enhance your online experience. Similar to browser cookies, such cookies can store more complex data.
In addition to the foregoing, NextEra Energy participates in the U.S. Department of Energy's Cybersecurity Risk Information Sharing Program (“CRISP”). In that respect, the following advisories apply:
RESTRICTED ACCESS. At any time and for any lawful purpose, NextEra Energy may monitor, intercept, record, and search any communications or data transiting or stored on this information system. At NextEra Energy’s sole discretion, NextEra Energy may disclose pertinent information to the U.S. Government and its authorized representatives to protect the security of critical infrastructure and key resources, ensure information security, or to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or enforceable governmental request. As such, users should have no reasonable expectation of privacy when using this information system. By proceeding, you acknowledge and consent to the terms and conditions of use for this information system. If you have any questions about NextEra Energy’s privacy policies, please contact Ethics&Compliance@nee.com.
Canada Residents - General
There should be no expectation of privacy with regard to electronic communications or any information accessed or stored on the computer systems of NextEra Energy Canadian Operating Services, Inc. (“NECOS”), regardless of whether such systems are accessed inside or outside working hours. NECOS may monitor, intercept, record, and search any communications or data transiting or stored on this information system, including URL address, IP address, http headers and port numbers (“Data”) for the purposes of protecting the security of critical infrastructure and key resources and ensuring information security in support of the U.S. Dep’t of Energy Cybersecurity Risk Information Sharing Program (“CRISP”) or successor program. The Data will be processed in the U.S. pursuant to CRISP and may be shared with law enforcement authorities (in Canada or the U.S.) in accordance with applicable law. By proceeding, you agree that you are voluntarily consenting to the sharing of the Data by NECOS with the U.S. Government and its authorized representatives for the above purposes. If you have any questions about NECOS' privacy policies, please contact Ethics&Compliance@nee.com.
Canada Residents - Quebec
Il ne devrait y avoir aucune expectative de vie privée en ce qui concerne les communications électroniques ou les informations accédées ou stockées sur les systèmes informatiques de Nextera Énergie Services d’opération canadienne Inc. (« NESOC ») indépendamment du fait que l’accès à ces systèmes ait lieu à l’intérieur ou à l’extérieur des heures de travail. NESOC peut surveiller, intercepter, enregistrer et rechercher toutes communications ou données en transit ou stockées dans ce système d'information, y compris l'adresse URL, adresse IP, en-têtes HTTP et les numéros de port (« Données ») afin de protéger la sécurité des infrastructures critiques et ressources clés et d'assurer la sécurité de l'information en appui au programme du département américain de l’énergie « Cybersecurity Risk Information Sharing Program » (« CRISP ») ou tout programme à lui succéder. Les Données seront traitées aux États-Unis en vertu du CRISP et peuvent être partagées avec les autorités responsables de l’application de la loi (au Canada ou aux États-Unis), conformément au droit applicable. En poursuivant, vous reconnaissez que vous consentez volontairement au partage des Données par NESOC avec le gouvernement américain et ses représentants autorisés aux fins ci dessus. Si vous avez des questions sur les politiques de confidentialité de NESOC, contactez Ethics&Compliance@nee.com.
En consecuencia, no puede esperarse disponer de privacidad en relación con las comunicaciones electrónicas o cualquier información a la que se acceda o esté guardada en los sistemas de NextEra Energy España SL y de su Grupo (en adelante, conjuntamente denominados como “NEE España”), independientemente de si estos equipos han sido utilizados dentro o fuera del horario o lugar de trabajo. Con las finalidades de proteger la seguridad de los recursos clave y de la infraestructura crítica y, asimismo, de garantizar la seguridad de la información en apoyo del programa Cybersecurity Risk Information Sharing Program (Programa de Intercambio de Información sobre Riesgos de Seguridad Informática) del Departamento de Energía de Estados Unidos u otro programa que lo sustituya, NEE España podrá acceder a, monitorizar, interceptar, grabar y registrar cualquier comunicación o dato haya transitado, haya sido procesado, o se haya almacenado en aquel sistema, incluyendo, entre otros, correos electrónicos, direcciones de URL, direcciones de IP, cabeceras http y números de puerto ("Datos"). Los Datos podrán ser compartidos con autoridades públicas encargadas de exigir el cumplimiento de la ley (ubicadas en países como Estados Unidos donde el nivel de protección de la privacidad no es equivalente al aplicado en España) de acuerdo con lo establecido en la normativa aplicable. Al proceder, usted consiente expresamente que, para las finalidades anteriormente señaladas, NEE España pueda transferir y compartir sus Datos con el Gobierno de Estados Unidos, sus representantes autorizados y/o entidades regulatorias tales como la North American Electric Reliability Corporation. NEE España se reserva el derecho a ejercitar las acciones legales que puedan corresponder por cualquier uso o acceso no autorizado de este sistema de información. Para cualquier pregunta acerca de las políticas de privacidad de NEE España, póngase, por favor, en contacto con nosotros a través de la dirección de correo electrónico Ethics&Compliance@nee.com.
On some occasions upon entering any one of the NextEra Energy Sites you may be asked to complete either an online survey or questionnaire. These surveys and questionnaires will deal with your opinions, attitudes, interests, and more generally about your activities online. It is important that you answer these surveys and questionnaires accurately for they represent our only means to improve our services offered through our websites. Any personal information gathered from your participation in questionnaires or surveys through any one of our sites will not be kept unless you agree to provide us with that information.
You may review the personal information you have provided to us by logging in to your account with us. Please note that your username and password will need to be provided in order to review your account information. Please also note that some account information, including without limitation the service address and the account user id, may not be changed.
If you need to correct or update your personal information provided to us, please contact an account representative via telephone using the following telephone numbers:
For residential customers, you may use the following telephone numbers:
Ft. Myers: 239-334-7754
Ft. Pierce: 772-462-0555
Punta Gorda: 941-639-1106
West Palm Beach: 561-697-8000
Other Areas: 800-226-3545
Business customers may use the following telephone numbers:
West Palm Beach: 561-478-6399
All other areas: 800-375-2434
In addition, certain information may be updated by completing the form on the reverse side of your monthly service invoice and returning the form in the envelope supplied with your monthly service invoice.
For more information on Internet browser settings affecting our security features, visit Recommended Browser Settings.
We may send out periodic emails informing customers of offers related to a service they requested. Customers will not be able to choose to unsubscribe to these mailings, as they are considered an essential service.
While visitors of our sites cannot send any of our posted advertisements via email, visitors can request that we send ads on their behalf. Before we can satisfy any requests, visitors must provide their name and the third party's email address. This information is used to send the specified advertisement.
Customers who do not wish to receive NextEra Energy promotional emails on new products and services may click here to notify us.
The NextEra Energy Sites are intended to be used by adults only, and not directed towards children under the age of eighteen. If you are under eighteen, you are not eligible to use the NextEra Energy Sites. If you believe that we have collected personal information from children under the age of eighteen, please notify us immediately so that we may take steps to eliminate such information.
We may send you emails from time to time to provide you with energy-saving ideas and other useful information, updates regarding our services, and special offers (whether available directly from NextEra Energy or from one or more of our business partners). Likewise, we may from time to time call the phone number associated with your account.
However, we do not and will not at any time request any of the following information via email or through any telephone call initiated by NextEra Energy:
Likewise, we will never send you an unsolicited email containing a link to the log in page for our website.
If you receive an email or telephone call requesting any of this information, it is likely that you have received an attempted theft of your identity commonly called “phishing.” Likewise, if you receive an email urging you to login to your account and provides you with a link to the login page, it is also likely that you have received a “phishing” attempt. In either case, you should bring the email to the attention of our security department by forwarding the email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If we send you an email requesting that you login to your account, we strongly recommend that you open your web browser and manually input the address for our website. Doing so will ensure that you do not open some third-party website disguised to look like our website.
For more information about “phishing,” you should visit the Federal Trade Commission’s website at www.ftc.gov.
In order to provide both current and potential customers with more options for contacting Florida Power & Light Company’s Customer Service department (“FPL”), FPL has established Facebook and Twitter accounts. As these are public forums, you should be aware that any personal information you choose to disclose through those platforms can be read, collected or used by others and that such disclosures are subject solely to the Privacy Policies and protections of those forums. FPL has no control over those forums and, thus, is not responsible for any personal information you may choose to disclose through them. You should also be aware that FPL will never disclose, or ask for you to disclose, your non-public, personally identifying information (such as your Social Security number, bank information, etc.) through these public forums. FPL recommends that you not submit your non-public, personally identifying information through these avenues. If there is a need for such information, FPL will provide you alternative communication methods.
Submit your questions or comments via U.S. mail to:
Attn: Customer Care
700 Universe Blvd.
Juno Beach, Florida 33408
The safety of our employees at work is a core value. No other business objective has higher priority.
This Safety Policy is to guide all employees of NextEra Energy, Inc. and its affiliates (together, “NextEra Energy” or the “Company”) in pursuing their responsibility, shared with the Company, to safeguard the health and well being of everyone involved with NextEra Energy.
NextEra Energy recognizes that safety is beneficial to the employee, the family, the community, the customer and the Company. NextEra Energy is therefore committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment for all employees and requires that safety should not be compromised for any other business priority. We expect companies providing services to NextEra Energy to have the same high standards of safety and health as we do.
It is the responsibility of the Company to provide the facilities, equipment, tools, procedures, safety programs and training for employees to work injury free. It is the responsibility of each employee to work safely for the benefit of the individual as well as co-workers. This responsibility includes following appropriate safety rules and planning each work activity using appropriate risk assessment, good judgment and skills, along with a sincere dedication to work safely.
Employees should not start work until they understand what work is to be done and how to do it safely. They are all expected to be engaged in the Company’s Safety Management process. Engagement includes communicating with all the parties involved about safety-related behaviors and conditions, and bringing to management’s attention those issues which require their involvement and support.
All employees in leadership positions are responsible for deploying and actively supporting the Company’s overall Safety Program. Included in this responsibility are monitoring and enforcing the use of safe working practices and safety rules.
All of us, through our leadership, commitment and engagement must accept the challenge to work safely and actively to pursue injury and illness prevention. Our employees, business partners, community and customers will all benefit. NextEra Energy encourages all employees to carry this strong health and safety value beyond the workplace to all of their activities.